Monday, April 29, 2013

Corsets and Fishnets and Singing, Oh My!!!

You'll have to forgive me.  I wanted to update you about the wedding dress. I know you are sitting at the edge of your seat waiting for news about how it's turned out.... Alas, you'll have to wait a little longer.

In the mean time I'm gonna tell you about how I stripped down into a corset, fishnets, pahntees, and broke out into song with 8 other girls.

Friday night I performed at the NoHo London Music Hall in North Hollywood for a production.  If Cabaret and Burlesque got together and had a baby they would have a Caburlesque baby.  This little show, called Spring Fling, was the brain child of CatrinaQ.

I'm going to post this now, but I will be back to add to this entry... probably tomorrow.
..........................................................................................................

Ok...so.... "probably tomorrow" ended up being a week later.  Oops!

Sorry,  I've been busy attending to Marilyn and other wedding preparations, also Life.  So, I'm going to keep this semi-short.

I was excited for months about performing in this caburlesque show in a birthday celebration of my girl friends, Catrina (and Dionna),... and about a dozen other audience members who shared the April birthday month. I was prepared, I rehearsed, but hot dang I was NERVOUS this show!  I don't know what the heck.  This was the 2nd this-type-of-show I performed in, so I was really baffled by the nerves.  I'm still trying to figure it out.  I'm still trying to shake off the inner critic too!  Yeah, I'm still picking apart everything I could have done better (because I'm a freak.)

Eva made her stage debut. I sang "Can't Take That Away From Me". (Don't ask about the weird hand. hahaha.)


I sang "Bessame Mucho", completely in Spanish.  (This is the song I'm kicking myself over.  UGH!  I really need to stop.  I'm so freaking mental.)
I was part of a trio to "Somebody I used to know".  That was really fun to do.

And the group number at the end of the night was called "Bunny Love" done to the song "Jungle Love".  OH MAN, THAT was amazing. (Though this bunny is not impressed. haha so awkward.)


Doing these shows are so fun to me.  I love the experience backstage.  I love seeing the girls prep and primp to get ready for the stage.  I love snacking on beef jerky and strawberries and sparkling wine.... CHAMPAGNE!!!

Next post will be getting back to Marilyn as I'm completing the final details this week.  Right on time!  Just like I planned.





No comments:

Post a Comment