Sunday, April 7, 2013

48% Complete and Book Boyfriends

At the moment I am approximately 48% done with the dress.  Doesn't seem much progress, but it's a lot.  Once I get over the terrifying thing called tulle (the stuff ballerina tutus are made of, AKA: The Devil's Fabric) it'll be pretty much just a matter of getting the layers sewn together, the hem finished the trim and swarovski crystals added - by hand. Holy sweet baby Jesus, I have a lot to do! 

I will have it done by May.  I will have it done by May.  I will have it done by May.  I will have it done by May. I will have it done by May.  I will have it done by May.  I will have it done by May.

Here's a bit of what I have completed right now.  This is just a portion of the innards/lining.



I'm totally feeling anxiety right now. I had to take a break because I kept messing up the stitch and the seam allowance.  I had to put the damned thing down because I don't want to make an irrepairable mistake, you know?  I was near tears, but if Ava taught me anything it was to walk away and catch my breath, so I have decided to come update you since I don't really have a book boyfriend to run to.

Speaking of book boyfriends- today I purchased Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost for my Kindle.  It's on sale for $1.99 if you are interested.  I have never read anything by Jeaniene, but I've heard some good things about this one so... we'll see if Vlad here is gonna become a book boyfriend.  Hopefully I'll enjoy it.  Dude on the cover looks intense.  O_O. 

I'll always love Philippa Gregory's Robert from The Queen's Fool.  He will always make my brain heart go a pitter-patt through young Hannah's eyes. Oh Robert, you devil.

I have fond memories of Hunter from Vicki Pettersson's Zodiac Series.  I do recall a lot of girls wanting to lick him. Yep, I was among them.  Hunter broke my heart something bad, but when I looked further into his background and stayed patient I found out there was a reason for everything and in the end it was better.  I will always remember those honey eyes.

There's also Vicki's Grif from the Celestial Blues series, but I'm still heartbroke so I don't wanna talk about him right now.  I can't WAIT until the final book of CB comes out!

Martin Le Loup was, as Flavor Flav would say, "Soooooooo Dramatical" but I LOVED him.  I think I met him when he was a teenager in Susan Carroll's The Silver Rose. This is, I believe the 3rd book in the Dark Queen series.  Honestly, I think all of these books have amazing guys, but Martin stood out with his reactions.  I loved seeing him in the later books again matured into a man, a father.  I think that one is called The Huntress.  I'm totally going to need to revisit all those boys again.

Oh My Gosh!  How could I almost forget the vampires?  There's Stephen from Jeannie Holmes' Blood Law and Blood Secrets.  He's a minor character, but he had me when I first saw him wanting to kick Varik's ass.  I love overprotective big brothers.

And then there is Alfonso Serrano, the bad boy gone good in Laurie London's Embraced by Blood of the Sweet Blood Series. I loved him when he was a villain in the first book Bonded By Blood, but I always knew there was more to him.  Then I found out his ex was a sweet blood and he was basically forced to kill her. Her name was Jessica.  *Cue dramatic music*. . .  My name is Jessica. O_O

Anyway, that is all.  I think I'm ready to go back and try to sew again.

Who are some of your favorite book boyfriends?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled you love Alfonso too! He's been through so much, hasn't he?

    OMGosh, you're making your wedding dress??? How awesome! Is that one of those duct tape dress forms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie!
      Actually the dress is for my sister. She's getting married at the end of next month. Yep, that's a duct tape dress form :)
      Alfonso remains my fave of all the sweetblood guys. I love that he went through all that and bounced back. Can you see the hearts in my eyes? I promise they are there.

      Delete