Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vegas

So, as you know I went to Vegas last Thursday/Friday.  It was probably the most calm and quiet vacations I've had there.  It was a road trip with my sister, the soon-to-be bride.  We also met up with Stephanie and Tyler.  I'm ... I don't have much to say. 

My brain is preoccupied with wedding dress and Steph.  If you read my last post about the Perry Dress you know Steph has a really aggressive Leukemia.  I found out today that the last chemo failed again so she's going back to the hospital on Thursday.  In her words, "This cancer blows."  Yes, it does.  Please send up your prayers and/or your financial aid for her and her family.

Here. Pictures.  I don't want this to be depressing:

Me and Melissa leaving for the trip Thursday morning.  Ella parece como un viejito:



We are acting fools on the way to the signing.  Her eyelash was trying to come off so she had me put eyelash glue directly on her eye.... in the car... that was a mistake.  You can't see it here, but it glopped out, ran down her eye, and got everywhere. She's a good sport, even though I got yelled at. Hey, man, don't ask me to put eyelash glue on your eye in a stopped car.  It makes me nervous. (Is she making fun of my crooked smile?)


Ty, Steph, and Me bringing a piece of the rockabilly element to the book signing (yay, awkward poses!):
 
Me being a clown with my sister:


Melissa and me, channeling the bitchiness of Ava (woah, eyebrows):


Me about to eat Vicki's cake from Showboys. Omnomnomnom (I totally look like a trouble maker.  Oh wait.  I AM.):


Me posing taking a picture of Vicki and the girl's at the coffee klatch (while she was taking a picture of me taking a picture of her):


I got to read with Vicki.  Yay!  I read Kit's part and Vicki read Grif's.  This woman is rad.  If you only read one book of Ms. Petterson's pick up The Lost. For serious. First picture: my eyes are creepy, non?  Like when Scratch shows up. (Read The Lost for that reference.) Second picture: I took off my shoe so I wouldn't tower over her. Muahaha.


After the reading the bookstore peeps directed us to this all you can eat sushi place just off the strip.  It was delish!  I think the name was Kaya (?) off Spring Mountain er Mountain Spring (?) Road. I learned a little more about Steph's stupid Leukemia.  I really hate it.  However, we laughed hard with all the randomness that happened throughout the night.  Things like me sticking out my belly on the escalator in the pink dress (so sexy, I know) and saying, "I want to take off ALL my clothes".  From us being pinballs at the elevator.  It took us about 5 minutes to NOT get on an elevator.  About 10 times a different elevator door opened up in front of us, but we passed because it was either the wrong elevator, it was too full, or our little group wasn't together.  Ty stood at one escalator the entire time watching us and finally said, "This must be like what it is to herd stupid sheep." Hah.  We went to Gilly's inside Treasure Island and watched the 'cowboys' ride the mechanical bull.  I gave $20 to the slot machines, so that was fun.

Friday morning we went to an antique mall.  You know your brain is affected by books when you can imagine the things you would buy if you were doing the costumes for the movie.  It was weird sifting through the clothes and knowing this is what each character would wear.  Thinking "This would be in that scene. These shoes would be perfect for that look."  I could have spent HOURS in there.  We were in there for an hour and a half, but that was with us rushing through.  It was HUGE.

I also witnessed my sister having a wonderful flashback moment.  She put on this used glove and her body language and face just changed. . . . it was like she touched something from her youth.  I couldn't catch the spirit of the moment in the photos, but trust me, it was powerful.


Anyway, that is all for now. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment