Saturday, June 22, 2013

Muse not Present? Need a Distraction? Answer: Henry Cavill.

I wanted to be more regular with this thing with weekly posts with progress on garments, but I haven't been doing much sewing lately.  I've tried, but have been completely... uninspired.  It's almost like my sewing muse is depressed, on vacation, eloped, or something.  It's not for lack of ideas or fabrics because I have shelves of fabric and sketches upon sketches of things that I would eventually like to do.  But sewing?  Even corset construction (which is my heart) it just... It's not something that I'm finding much joy in.  It's just not been clicking.  And I know you have to push through the depression to get going, to get that momentum back.  I've started playing with design lines on Selena.  However, nothing is keeping up the momentum for me.  It's just not clicking.  There is no chemistry.


(Lines on Selena.  Trying to imagine the Inquisitor's Wife Dress)

I was asked to sew my husband a pair of cargo shorts, but the pattern I have is missing the ENTIRE front piece.  I don't think he would like it if I only sewed him pants that would cover just his butt.  Nobody wants to see that.

I know you are saying, "Just make your own pattern!"  Yeah, um, the only problem with that is that I've never sewn a fly zipper so I wouldn't know how to even start to fix a piece for the front pattern.

What's more?  I haven't even picked up a book lately.  I haven't read anything in about 2 weeks.  After the Inquisitor's Wife I read The Great Gatsby.  And,... meh.  I guess I'm not as big a book worm as I thought I was.  Maybe I should reread one of my favorite romance novels, see if it'll get my blood going again.  See, even just thinking about reading something I love and that little voice just said, "Meh."

Perhaps my brain is just taking a break from all this sewing and reading business.

I can't say that I'm depressed, because I don't think I am.  I'm not totally uninterested in everything like I normally get when I am depressed.  I've just been putting my energies elsewhere.  I've been writing a lot.  I've been bothered by a couple of stories that are fluttering around in my head so I've been recording the voices.  We'll see if any of them decide they actually want their whole story to be written and in what format.  One of them sounds like a novel and the other sounds like a screenplay.  I'm actually thankful that I took the Screenwriting class with Kim Krizan (author of Original Sins: Trade secrets of the Femme Fatale. <3 Great book and she's an amazing woman.)  I feel like if those voices decide they want a script... They'll get a script.  They just aren't screaming loud or clear enough right now.  I only hear their voices.  I don't know who they are or, really, what their point is.

I've also been drawing, a lot.  So it's not like I haven't been creative, I've just been practicing my creative skills elsewhere. I bought a couple sets of these Letraset Pro-Markers.  They are an interesting medium to use. It's the first time that I've ever really used markers seriously for anything.  I've done a few fashion sketches with them and I actually really LOVE the way it comes out.

(A sketch I've done of the dress I'll eventually make.  Maybe wear it for RenFaire or something.  I know her left arm is deformed short.)

What else?  I think I want to learn how to paint portraits with oil, but all the classes that I've seen in the area I'm unable to attend because of the time slots.  I'm usually working the hours they are available.  I have tried teaching myself in the past, but I wasn't successful.  I think I need to learn the basics from someone else.  I'm just not sure where to start, you know?  Maybe I'll just try again on my own.

Oh, another thing.  I saw Man of Steel.  Loved it.  Why, Yes, I'll be obvious, Superman is hawt!  He has been since I first saw him played by Christopher Reeve.  Man of Steel? I really enjoyed all the sci-fi, even if it at times totally reminded me of the Matrix. (Like the part near the end when Supes was dealing with that thing over the ocean. Totally Matrix look, but I didn't mind it.  The Matrix is one of my favorite movies.) The whole thing was definitely NOT what I expected, but I am glad they did it that way.  I've also been watching a lot of The Tudors on Netflix.  Husband knows my boyfriend is Henry Cavill.  (He's secretly been my bf since he was a boy in The Count of Monte Cristo, but shh.  Tell no one.)

(See? Handsome.)
 
Anyway, enjoy that eye candy for now.  We'll see what happens this week.  I might get back to sewing.

Ok, you can stop staring now.


No comments:

Post a Comment